Thursday, December 2, 2010

Hannah Montana Birthday

My client wanted to surprise her daughter, Hannah, with a "Hanna Montana" birthday cake. She had brought in a piece of the shows merchandise, that was her daughter's, for inspiration and told me I could use it for design ideas. They were having a bit of a large party, so instead of doing a flat sheet cake, I decided on a small tiered cake in order to have enough servings.

I knew I had to recreate the "Hanna Montana" logo, and so I did using fondant, which I rolled out, airbrushed and painted. I did the same to make the guitars. I used a small fondant cutter, similar to a cookie cutter, for the music notes and white flowers.

Once assembled, I airbrushed the cake in mostly purple, with hints of pinks and blues. Then I placed on the logo and guitar decorations I had made. I piped white icing for the vines of the flowers and placed the white, fondant flowers accordingly. I finished by piping a swirling border around the tiers, and placing the music notes as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment