Thursday, December 2, 2010

My Very First



This wedding cake was the very first that I did on my own. The bride and groom wanted a contemporary, autumn theme. They said I could have whatever freedoms I wanted for the design, as long as I incorporated  pale pink ivory to match their cake topper.

This I did by making tiny rose buds, made of fondant, colored to match. I then decided to use tradition fall colors for the other decorations: brown, orange, yellow, purple and green. I assigned each color to a specific decoration, be it a pine cone, leaf, or flower.

I put a fondant ribbon around the base of the top 3 tiers and used chocolate icing to pipe a "branch". This was to not only enhance the fall theme, but to guide your eyes along the decorations. I placed them on starting heavily at the bottom and, working my way to the top, getting more and more sparse.

Pinkish-orange dots and a white border finished the look, and my first wedding cake was complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment